If you are passionate about art, you want to buy works of art art or you are disappointed with your purchase; if you are looking for legal advice in the field of art law or you need tax advice on ownership of works of art in Switzerland, the firm is here for you.
Legal issues in art are complex and surrounding a work of art from its inception. The increasing expansion of the art market raises many legal issues that affect all branches of law (contractual, commercial, insurance, criminal and tax) for the acquisition of a work to its resale, through loan or reproduction.
Once the legal issues are common and complex legal issues in the field of art, a legal support is strongly recommended to advise you and to defend you.
In terms of art law, the firm offers the following services:
- drafting contracts: contracts between artist and gallery owner, copyright disposals, sales contract, insurance contracts and loan agreements to avoid contentious issues that could lead to litigation
- advice on the acquisition of works of art from professionals: as such, we check the regularity of the transaction and support you in your efforts to control the provenance of works of art
- advice on insurance and protection of your works: insurers are subject to confidentiality and you can protect your property without fear. We will advise you on insurance contracts and can also find out about opportunities to secure your assets in Switzerland
- managing your disputes in contractual matters and assistance in the termination of a contract
- tax advice and legal assistance in inheritance matters
- liability action against a contractor or professional art dealer (for example in case of error on the quality of the work of art, fraud, breach of contract)
- drafting of criminal complaints and monitoring criminal proceedings if you have suffered a financial loss (counterfeiting of goods, theft, handling stolen goods, forgery of certificates, forgery and / or fraud)
- assistance in all procedures to reduce your damage, including on enforcement / precautionary seizure.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you want advice or need the assistance of a lawyer to defend you.